Ozzy Osbourne has confirmed he’s back home after undergoing surgery earlier this week.
In a statement posted to his Twitter, the metal legend writes, “I am now home from the hospital recuperating comfortably.”
“I am definitely feeling the love and support from all my fans and send everyone a big thank you for their thoughts, prayers and well wishes during my recovery,” he adds.
Ozzy’s statement comes after Page Six reported that he’d been discharged from the hospital on Tuesday alongside photos of him leaving the Los Angeles facility in a wheelchair. The tabloid also said that Ozzy was able to get up from the wheelchair and enter his car “under his own power with guidance from a hospital attendant.”
The surgery, which Ozzy’s wife Sharon described as a “major operation,” took place on Monday. During an episode of her U.K. talk show The Talk last week, Sharon said that the procedure was “really gonna determine the rest of [Ozzy’s] life.”
In a statement posted on Tuesday, Sharon said Ozzy was “doing well” and “on the road to recovery.”
Ozzy, 73, told Classic Rock magazine in an interview published in May that he was “waiting on some more surgery” on his neck. Ozzy suffered a fall in 2019, which aggravated injuries he sustained in a 2003 ATV accident.
Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.