Public Service Announcements are offered to non-profit entities within our broadcast area that wish to promote their event or organization on Lakes Media Network‘s “Community Calendar”. While PSAs are often aired free by broadcast stations, many end up in the wastebasket before they are broadcast because they’re hard to read, have basic information missing, or are sent without sufficient lead time. We’ll give you a few pointers, followed by a simple form which can be filled out and submitted to us.
1) Include All Necessary Information: While this may seem like a simple thing, you would be surprised at the number of PSAs we receive which do not have a date for the event. Include who is invited to attend, the date and hours of the event, the place where it will be held, the type of event, why it is taking place, and a contact number for both the public and the media. Keep it 15 seconds or less.
2) Identify Yourself or Your Organization: Always identify yourself or organization clearly somewhere in your PSA.
3) Release Date: Timing is everything. If you send us a PSA far in advance of an event, it may get lost. If you send it two days beforehand, chances are it will be too late to include it. A good rule of thumb is to send your PSA at least 10 days in advance.
4) Cost of Broadcast: As a general rule, we are happy to broadcast, at no charge, 15-second PSAs for civic and non-profit groups. However, if you purchase advertising in other media, we cannot air your announcements free of charge.
5) Time of Broadcast: All PSAs are broadcast subject to time availability. We cannot guarantee a PSA will be broadcast a specific number of times nor at any specific time.
6) Paid PSAs: If you wish to purchase regular commercial airtime, we offer a 50% discount for qualified non-profit organizations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in paid advertising.
There are a limited number of slots for PSAs, so we will do our best to ensure all eligible PSAs get on the air. Please be advised this is a request, not a guarantee.