Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion exchange words on social media over shooting case

Hip hop stars Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion are exchanging words on their social media accounts regarding the latest court hearing regarding Tory allegedly shooting Megan in her feet in July of 2020.

The explosion of conversation began after entertainment blogger DJ Akademiks tweeted “UPDATE: Tory Lanez trial adjourned til April with Tory’s lawyer telling the court they have completed DNA results from the prosecution which is very pleasing to his client. (I saw this doc myself.. it literally says it was inconclusive in finding TORY DNA on the gun or magazine).”

The Twitter post quickly gained attention of social media users and blogs alike — and prompted a response from the 27-year-old “Savage” rapper herself, as well as court reporters who covered the case.

“Court aint even started so why yall ready to start lying,” Megan Thee Stallion said on her Instagram story in an effort to debunk false claims.

Tory, 29, responded to Megan on Twitter, saying, “….. u can’t buy and tweet your way out of this one ..not today.”

The back and forth continued between the entertainers. Meanwhile, Page Six reporter Eileen Reslen joined the conversation with a “Fake News Alert,” supporting the claim that the blogger’s initial post was false because the pre-trial hearing had been postponed.  Rolling Stone court reporter Nancy Dillon also joined in, tweeting that there was “ZERO mention of DNA at the Tory Lanez hearing…”

Dillon later tweeted an update, quoting Tory Lanez’s attorney from court transcripts as saying, “We are in the process of actually retaining an expert with respect to DNA. It is our hope that we will be able to review & confirm the LAPD’s analysis, which from our standpoint was favorable.”

Wednesday’s pre-trial hearing was postponed to April 5.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.